Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Week of November 24, 2013

Sunday
Sunday was such a beautiful day. I couldn't believe how many family and friends were there. I had two cousins who came from Salt Lake and we had a lot of family members and friends who came.
The music was absolutely beautiful. I based my take around Tammy and Amanda song, "Who I Really Am" and Colleen and Noelle did such a beautiful, beautiful job singing it. My talk came together one morning while studying my scriptures and came together very quickly. It summed up a lot of my thoughts lately. If you want a copy of it, let me know. I sent it to those who were not there. The song after finished and summed up my talk and Colleen picked out the perfect music for it without even knowing it was what I was talking about. Robin did a wonderful job and it went right with my talk even though we hadn't shared with each other. Colleen's temple song, "Inside These Walls" summed up the whole months theme. Our ward loves this song. And, there was enough food for everyone.
Robin, Eleanor, Barbara Clements Johnson, Ken Clifford, Colleen Edgington Clifford, Mark Johnson

Dinner downstairs

Spencer and Josh


Visiting in the front room

Visiting is changing with the teenagers with us!

Ryan's new beard

Beards are in!

Mike's pictures are so much more complete! I am still amazed at how fast Emily is learning everyone in our family. I bet she could name more than most of the brothers!

Josh - Suzie and Brad in the back.

Monday-Tuesday
Packing and cleaning took up this day. Mike and Ellen came over on Tuesday so we could give them their one Christmas gift:
We upgraded and we got three smart phones. Hopefully we will use ours for our internet connection in New York. We are all having a good time learning the phones. Ring tones for Ellen and Mike were major decisions. "Are you my mommy?" from Dr. Who is what rings when I call Ellen.  Thank you Paul, Spencer, Audrey, and Josh



Pie Making - Wednesday and Thursday morning
Sorry, didn't take many pictures of the actual Thanksgiving Dinner

I had so much fun making pies with the grandkids for Thanksgiving/Pie Fest. Here are some pictures:
Peach pie by Sammi - she really helped a lot with the crust

Berry O'Cream Pie from Nikki and Mallory

Elise and Noelle and their beautiful Lemon Merengue Pie

Impossible pie by Audrey and Ellen

Friday - Pie Fest at Belmont 2nd Ward
While we were packing, I wondered if it was worth the work to go to the church. Once we got there, it clearly was worth having the gym and grounds to run and play, the overflow to visit, plenty of room to play games, and the Relief Society to sing.
Ready for lunch!


Sammi, Cecily, and Mallory

Soups and breads seem so warm and filling, but not too filling!


Zander and Cierra - The oldest grandchild and the youngest, for a few more months!

Bet you can't guess what game they are playing!

Visit, visit, visit
 Cute Chloe

These little girls had so much fun in the summer and picked right back up again. We missed you, Cam!
Suzie, Alaina, Jetta, and Chloe


It was so cold, but kids didn't notice - Deer Tag

More visiting and games

Peter had quite the games going with the kids in the gym

Singing in the Relief Society room - So beautiful

Now we are singing original songs from Colleen, Tammy, & Amanda 

BRING ON THE PIES!!!!!




That was fast!


Time for Christmas! Thank you. I feel like I have had Christmas now. We all decided to do a $20 again per family next year - 7 down.


Yes, we are crazy, but fun - teenagers add a lot of (you finish the sentence)





I wanted so much to make something for Christmas using the Grandkids picture. Originally I thought about making a lap quilt. It was a good thing I changed to a pillow. I never would have finished. I hope you all enjoy it. Stories are still coming. I thought I would have more time at the MTC, but we are pretty busy.



Sharing Christmas with each other




Snuggling with Chloe - It was so wonderful to have them here at the house.

Saturday
It was a beautiful morning at the temple

On the way home, Ellen had a package from Taiwan. A pair of hand-painted shoes from her friend.

Finger crocheting - We all have new scarves!






Matthew and Nikkie bonding together - for the first time?





Emily, Mike, and Jared

John

And a Google phone call from John's family - We missed you and Tom and your families. We hope you enjoy all the pictures. Share them with your kids.

We love you all so much. We are having an amazing experience at the MTC.
More on that next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment