Monday, December 30, 2013

Week of December 22 to 30

Sunday
I will start posting for my blog on Monday's now, so two Sundays are included in this post. All the details are in this weeks letter, so I'm just going to do a short blog.
I am trying to change habits! I was so good at taking pictures for the blog, but now there is so much I am doing that I don't take pictures of. I will try and remember to take more pictures this week.

Last Sunday we finally got to go to church and it was wonderful. I taught all the children in the older primary, which were 3 girls, and we brought 2 of them. So it is a much smaller primary than you kids go to. There are 3 children in the younger primary and 2 children in the nursery.
I will try and take a picture of the church house for next week.

This is a beautiful house just around the corner from where we live.

This is an old school on the corner. Now it is apartments, but it is very well kept.

The view out our kitchen window. The snow has melted, but notice all the moss on the branches of the tree and green grass. 

Our green grass - almost looks like spring!

Christmas Eve
It was hard to take a picture, but there are paper sacks with lighted candles in them all up and down both sides of our street. It was amazing to see. The whole street looked so beautiful. We really live in a very Christian community. There are 4 churches within just a few blocks of where we are.

The view of Albany from one of the homes we were Christmas caroling at. It just doesn't capture the beauty. See my weekly letter for the details of what we did and the yummy Danish food we ate. Prepared by Sister Gibson's sister-in-law who flew in from Denmark along with her family.


Merry Christmas to One and All
This is the church where we spent most of the day on Christmas. It was a wonderful experience and so fun to feed people a Christmas dinner. See our weekly letter for more details.

 I sent this picture to Ellen and Mike and they sent me one the tree at home.


On our way to Catskill we saw this bulldozer with reindeer and Santa. We just couldn't pass it up, so on the way home we stopped and took a picture of it. 
Hope all our grandkids who love trucks and cars like it! 

We love you all very much. A mission is certainly a growing experience. I will try and take more pictures for next week's post.

Happy New Year
Oh my, I remember all the goal setting we did at New Year's time during our interviews on Sunday. There is a lot to be said, though, about reflecting and recommitting to the important things in life. 
May we spend time in setting not only temporal goals, but also spiritual goals.
Think about a goal of personally rereading the Book of Mormon this year. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment