Monday, December 2, 2013

MTC - First Day, December 2, 2013

First Day - And there wasn't anyone to 'count off' and no tears at leaving anyone!
Well, except for the last two days.

I had to hurry and take a picture of Plymouth peak. I wish I had of taken it from the deck, but forgot.



Do you recognize this Chris and Marion? I imagine not, because it has changed. 35 years ago it was where Juaquin School was. I still can't believe I let you two little boys walk 5 city, busy blocks to school all alone. 



This is us in front of our house at 409 East 2nd North in Provo. Brought back a lot of memories. The building across the street is no longer "Earnie's." 


We've had a wonderful day. There are 154 Senior missionaries (not couples) and it is the largest group of senior missionaries in the history of the MTC! We caught the wave all right:)
I shouldn't sound like a young missionary, but the food was very good, and we only saw half of the cafeteria. We discovered the other half after we ate. I passed a table of elders and they each had two complete dinners on their tray. I had to stop and talk to them. I always wondered what you did here, and I am sure all of you probably had 2 plates of dinner. I told them I had 10 sons who most likely did what they did. (Ellen lost 30 pounds at the MTC) They just happened to be going to Tawain and learning Mandarin Chinese so we visited for a while. It was great. There is a special feeling here and we only did orientation today. Tomorrow we start with Preach My Gospel.

We are in the 'overflow' - The Marriott in downtown Provo. But we have only watched 5 minutes of the weather on it. We are busy!

Here is a picture of our missionary license. I put it on Google+ so the grandkids could see it if I can get connected to the WiFi with my phone. (Didn't get it done. Still learning.) Where is Spencer and Josh when I need them!

(Notice the signature)

I love you all. It was such a wonderful experience at our setting apart. We sang "Called to Serve" today, but it wasn't as neat as when we sang it as a family. I love you all. 
I will do last weeks post when I get another chance. Just wanted to share the day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment