Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week of September 8, 2013


Sunday
It was a good Sunday today and had had a Family History Meeting that night. 
We have 4 new Youth Family History Consultants from our ward (Josh being one of them) and we invited them to the meeting Sunday night. I'm excited to work with them.
Monday
Dad had a colonoscopy in the morning and as Dad said, "Everything came out all right."
Zander came down for Chris and Dad to give him a blessing since he had tubes in his ears Tuesday morning.
Caleb is entertaining little Zander

Tuesday
I went to Chris's shortly after 6:00 to get the kids off to school. I made them pancakes for breakfast.
It sure brought back a lot of memories when you were all at home. Zander did really well. This is good timing, just before winter colds and ear infection set in.
That night I went to Relief Society class on honey; very interesting. Dad picked me up from there and we went for our interview with President Capener. He officially sent off our mission papers last Wednesday morning. It would be fun to have a 'Google Hangout' as Spencer put it, when we open our mission call. WOW, I sure have been having a lot of different emotions this past few weeks!
After we came home and I finished crying (I really very excited, scared, homesick, but so anxious to serve), we watched the new Star Trek movie. It was great. Up till almost midnight though.

Caleb and Mallory eating breakfast 

Wednesday
We picked 3 bushel of tomatoes before we exercised. The rest of the day we did 49 quarts of tomato juice and got the tomatoes ready for salsa the next day. Yes, we miss your help.

Four of the six buckets

Yeah! Empty buckets.

Now Mike and Ellen won't starve. I guess we will use them also if we get called to the Salt Lake mission.

Dad with our only watermelon this year that the chickens didn't eat.

Thursday
After exercise class we came home and did Salsa the rest of the day. It is milder this year than it has been for several years, but we also bottled some jalapeno peppers in little half pint jars, so that will make up for it.

Dad cutting up the peppers

Salsa

Friday - Happy Birthday Jeanetta!
We worked at the Family History from 9-1, came home and cleaned the house a bit and then headed off to Logan. We went to the temple and then visited with Mike and Ellen for a while. It was a good day, and nice to not be on our feet all day canning.

Saturday
We went to the Ogden Family History Fair because I had two presentation to do. One on involving youth with family history and then the stories one. I had stayed up till 2:00 a.m. making changes to the story presentation. Anyway, both classes went so well. There were a lot of people in the class and we had some good discussions. I was happy with how it turned out. The other classes I went too were very good. It still amazes me how fast things are changing in Family History.
I hope everyone takes the opportunity to go to familysearch.org, sign in, and see your pedigree. We have quite a few pictures and stories up. Let me know, and we'll make a home visit to come show you the latest and greatest things!
After we were done, we went to visit Rob & Emily, Marion and the boys, and stopped in to see Aunt Janet. It was some good visiting time.

Giving Jeanetta her birthday present


A beautiful rainbow across the street from Rob's

I guess since it was a short blog this week, I will give you the words I looked up for Ether 12:27. I love this scripture and it helped to have many of the words with their definitions.

1828 Dictionary Word for the Week:
Ether 12:27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I* make weak things become strong unto them.”
*Always remember it is Jesus Christ that makes our “weak things become strong.”

Come- “To move towards; to advance nearer, in any manner, and from any distance”
Show-“To exhibit or present to the view of others; to make or enable to see; to make or enable to perceive; to manifest; to inform; to teach; to point out; to discover; to explain”
Weakness- “Want (‘to fall short of’) of steadiness; want of moral force or effect upon the mind; want of judgment; defect; failing fault”
Humble-“Lowly ; modest; meek; submissive; deep sense of unworthiness in the sight of God;”
Grace-“The free unmerited love and favor of God, the spring and source of all the benefits men receive from him. Divine influence of God; divine influence of the spirit, in renewing the heart and restraining from sin. The application of Christ’s righteousness to the sinner. The state of reconciliation to God; favor; mercy pardon; to dignify or raise by an act of favor;”
Sufficient-“The state of being adequate to the end proposed; qualification for any purpose; competence; supply equal to wants; ample; ability; adequate power; enough”
Before-“In presence of; in front; in sight of”
Faith- “The assent of the mind to the truth of a proposition advanced by another; belief, on probable evidence of any kind. In theology: the assent of the mind or understanding to the truth of what God has revealed.”
Strong-“Well established; firm; not easily overthrown or altered”

I love you all very much. Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment