Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week of June 16th, 2013

Sunday
Dad went to Sacrament meeting today but needed to come home after that. I stayed the rest of the time.  It was good to be back. 
Looking forward: THE WARD WILL BE DRY PACK CANNING AT OUR HOME ON THE 23RD OF JULY.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ANYTHING SO I CAN ORDER CANS. 
David and Amanda came Sunday night through Tuesday.

Matthew and Robert playing with the marble game.

Monday
David and the kids were here while Amanda took her brother to Logan. We had a good day with the kids and they had a good day.  We tired them out. Here is Robert having a nap.

That night Sue and the boys stopped in after the dentist. We fixed a big pan of mashed potatoes and turkey gravy.Ellen and I made bread sticks. I mixed the dough and she did everything with two hands, which was most of it.   They needed to pick up some things they left over the weekend and get a bucket for Spencer for trek. They also brought Mike home.

Spencer and Mike with Alaina

I had missed the Reflections concert on Friday, but they were singing at the nursing home. A. Margaret had told me about it and I was so glad to know I could still hear her sing.  Ellen and I went. They sang a beautiful song about music in my Mother's home. It made me cry thinking back of all the times my mother's beautiful piano music filled our home.
Margaret is the 2nd one over on the front row.

Tuesday
We babysat while David and Amanda went to the temple. They got home about 10:30 and headed out. Dad and Mike got home from the dentist and Ellen and I took him to work and then we went to the Logan temple. It's her fault. I told her to remind me we needed a picture, but she forgot. 
We just had too wonderful of a time at the temple. The pie was pretty good too!

Wednesday
Seems like most of our time is spent with gardening and therapy and I didn't take any pictures this time. When it's just Ellen and I, we don't think of the camera. 
After therapy, Ellen and I went to give Tesha a hand. She is busy packing up and trying to get sorted into boxes of "New Hampshire," "Storage," or "Riverside" boxes. They are hoping to move out of their apartment this weekend and come here until they leave in the middle of August. It will be good to have them closer the last month, so get ready for some good game nights!

Ellen is helping us by having a nap with Ben

We picked up Mike from work and then we talked about the Ragnar. He was in the race, but didn't know anything at all about when it started.  He had been sick earlier in the week and we were checking to see if Tesha could possibly run the first leg of it for him. She was kind of excited, but by the time we found out all the information, they said it was too late. He did end up trading for a different position for the first run that wasn't quite as long. It ended up he seemed to have a really good time. He said it would have been better if he had of known more of the people in the van. Rob also ran the race, but didn't start until Friday. So, WE THOUGH IT WOULD BE REALLY FUN TO RUN IT NEXT YEAR AS A FAMILY!! I know we have enough runners in our family (as long as Tom and Mel come out too), so start getting in shape.  I am a driver of a van:)

 Thursday
I had a dentist appointment in Brigham at 8:00, so gardening was cut short. I also stayed and had a cavity filled, so it took most of the morning. But I kept hearing from Mike and it was a relief to know he was feeling fine and completing his runs.
Dad and I went to Aunt Robinette's to meet A. Cathy and A. Anita so he could interview them for the last two chapters of his book on Grandpa. We had such a good visit.  I visited with Robinette while they talked. I don't know why I don't see her more. It was wonderful to just sit and visit. Next Sunday is Adam's farewell for those living close by at 9:00. He goes to the new MTC in Mexico on the 2nd of July. 
Luckily my cell phone alarm went off just as we were ready to leave. Jeffrey had called earlier in the week to tell us of a game he had in Garland at 5:30. Mike had put it in my cell phone calendar and so so reminded us, or I never would have remembered. I need to learn how to do that! It was great to go to see him play. We went straight to his game. 

Jeffrey on 2nd base

In the dugout

Up to bat!

Friday - Happy Birthday Sammi! A big 7 years old
Ellen and I were out irrigating the garden early Friday morning. It is really looking good and it feels good to be able to weed with a hoe and I even dug circles around the squash plants. I'm sure this all counts for therapy. We all headed out by 9:00 - Ellen taking Dad to therapy and me going to the Family History library. While there I worked on Dad's book the whole time. I am checking original sources with what has been typed so it will be right and proofreading Chapter 1. I feel I need to give him the extra time so he can finish it up. It has been so wonderful to read.
That afternoon it was more watering and gardening. I was very tired that night.

Saturday
Watering of the rest of the lawn and working on Dad's book. I think it was a 'down' day because the last few days had been so busy.
Sorry, not many pictures, so here is a preview for next Sunday. We went to Val Moore's baby blessing today in Clearfield.  It seems like yesterday we all traveled up to Cody, Wyoming taking Grandma Jensen and Uncle Marc to see Val blessed. Paul was only a few months old. I just don't know where time goes. More pictures next week. 

Val holding Lennon and Harrison, Stephanie holding new baby McCartney, Elise and their oldest girl in the back and I forgot her name.
What a wonderful family picture! 
He is teaching choir at a Clearfield Junior High & LOVES his job.

1828 Dictionary Word for the Week:
Precarious-“Depending on the will or pleasure of another; liable to be changed or lost at the pleasure of another;” (Alma 46:7 explaining the affairs of the church by the dissenters “the affairs of the people of Nephi exceedingly precarious and dangerous”)

It sounds like the time we live in today. There is so much out there to keep us from just remembering the simple truth. On the way to Val's we were listening to conference. It was President Uchtdorf's talk. Here is the last of it. I just needed to be reminded of the hope of Christ.

"My heart grieves for the many sorrows some of you face, for the painful loneliness and wearisome fears you may be experiencing. Nevertheless, I bear witness that our living hope is in Christ Jesus! He is the true, pure, and powerful entrance to divine enlightenment.
I testify that with Christ, darkness cannot succeed. Darkness will not gain victory over the light of Christ.
I bear witness that darkness cannot stand before the brilliant light of the Son of the living God!
I invite each of you to open your heart to Him. Seek Him through study and prayer . . . even after the darkest night, the Savior of the world will lead you to a gradual, sweet, and bright dawn that will assuredly rise within you.
As you walk toward the hope of God’s light, you will discover the compassion, love, and goodness of a loving Heavenly Father, “in [whom there] is no darkness at all."
There have been discouraging times this week, and it was a good reminder of where hope, love, and light come from.
I love you all, have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment