Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week of October 28th

Sunday
     I did a lot of Family History today.  I'm working on our direct line starting with Daniel Capener & Elizabeth Capener.  I've been doing a lot of research on his siblings, and I'm rechecking all of his children.  I started with them, but I've learned a lot since then, so I want to make sure I haven't missed anything, like his illigitamate child, Daniel Wilks, that I knew he had (and then his parents sent him from Brockworth to London and he married his first cousin, Elizabeth Capener.)  I've never done the descendants of Daniel Wilks, so I'm finding quite a bit. 
      We spent the evening doing Home teaching and did some good visiting.
Monday
     More genealogy in the morning, then I went visiting teaching.  I came home to clean the pantry and remembered I needed to make suckers for Halloween.  I spent the rest of the afternoon making suckers and cleaning the pantry.  I decided I didn't want to miss Halloween again, so I called and asked Josh, Noelle, Mallory, and Caleb if they wanted to come take suckers around to people.  It was so fun to take suckers around to everyone, and I enjoyed the time with the kids.  Caleb said, "This is so much more fun!"



Tuesday
     We worked and cleaned house today in preparation for Mike to come home the next day.  I finished little Levi's quilt and got other odd jobs done.  We went to Cierra's orchestra concert that night and we were both amazed.  I can't believe how the high school orchestra has grown and how good they sounded.  It was a Halloween concert, so here is Cierra on the stage and afterwards at Arctic Circle for milkshakes.



Wednesday
Wednesday passed slowly.  We went to Logan to get health insurance and then picked up Ellen in Logan and brought her home.  We got to the airport just 10 min. before he landed at 7:20 p.m.  I am so thankful he is home safe.  Because he is the last, I've worried a bit more.  He looks so good!


     Jared and his family gave U. Mike a Halloween gift.  A dirty diaper!!!! It was filled with chocolate candy.  Jared laughed so hard he was on the floor.

     Ellen and Mike lost no time in talking Chinese to each other while we all looked on.

     We got Little Ceaser's Pizza and went back to Sue's to eat and talk.

     Mike, still a missionary, left us with a message from the Book of Mormon from 3rd Nephi 11:15, ". . . going forth one by one until they had all gone forth. . ."  It is an individual relationship we have with our Savior.  This is so important in our life, no matter what age we are.

      Stopping at Chris' house!

Thursday
    Mike slept until 10:00 and had requested biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast.  He couldn't get used to how cold it was, so he ate breakfast with his coat on.  We spent most of the day visiting, going through what he brought back, and going to play practice that night.
     Mike is watching conference in English for his study time.

      Dancing at play practice.

Friday
     We went to the Brigham City temple.  It is so beautiful.  I hope everyone can get a chance to go.  By the way, I have 2 female and 3 male slots for the day before Thanksgiving 11:00 session to go with Susan (yes, Leatham who is coming for Thanksgiving.)  Let me know if you want to go!
After the temple we went to USU, saw U. Bill and A. Robinette who was there helping with voting.    Mike's friend Beka came over and then Mike & Chris's kids and Mike saw his first movie, Tangled.
Saturday
     Saturday was filled with fun family activities.  During the day, we saw Pete, Chris, Marion, Joe, David, and Rob and their families. David raking leaves with Isaac & Robert.

Jared, Cecily, & Mallory doing their skits!

   One of the first things Mike wanted to do was hike up Potter's Mountain.  Marion, Mike, Ellen, Tesha, Ben, Spencer, John, Josh, Marrie, Sophie, Noelle, & Steven all went on the hike.  Although not all of them made it to the top, they had a great time.  This weather was perfect for the hike.



Crafts with Cousins!


    When the hikers returned, there was a huge pan of enchiladas and lasagna for dinner along with salad, bread and dessert.  I remember when I first had to change from making a casserole in a cake pan size to a larger size.  I thought about that today when I made 2 big pans and Rob & Emily hardly got any.  I'm not sure about teenage grandkids!!!


     It has been a wonderful week.  Heavenly Father has truly blessed us, and I am so thankful to Him for bringing Mike home safely.  His testimony has grown so much, and he has matured, yet he is the same old Uncle Mike.  It's so good to have him home, and fun to see him and Ellen together again, even though they tease with their Chinese to each other and leave us wondering!

2 comments:

  1. It was so fun to read and re-live the week. Thank you Eleanor. I love you.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Hen hao wan de shi jian. Wo zai xie jiga yin wei ni hui bu zhidao. : P Keshi, wo ai ni.

    ReplyDelete