Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week of October 21st

 Sunday
It was late Sunday night before we knew for sure that Mike was not coming home until Halloween night.  Actually, I was glad he had another week, because he would have been robbed of his last week of his mission.  He needed this week to say his good-byes and make that closure.  I can wait.
Monday
 Such wonderful news first thing Monday morning.  Paul called to tell us of the safe arrival of little Levi Douglas.  What joyous news to have him here safely before expected.  I can't tell you what it is like to have another grandchild.  I just want everyone to know that no matter how many grandchildren I have, I love each one individually and so very much.  My heart is so full, and I can't wait to go down and see him and the family.  But, I must wait for Mike.  These pictures say so much of what is important in life.



Tuesday and Wednesday
Now we headed down to Salt Lake for our last two days of our mission.  Dad and I have loved our mission.  There are so many things I have learned and loved.  Some are: I love being with Dad and the time we have shared together.  We are closer than ever to each other.  I have loved being in the service of the Lord and to feel His spirit so closely on our mission to do and accomplish the tasks and things we were asked to do.  He is truly involved in His work.  I have loved the friendships that we have made with the other missionaries and staff at the library.  I have loved the records of the church.  They are sacred and are His records.  In them are such a testimony of His love and involvement in these latter days.  I wasn't even aware of this.  Oh, and it was nice to see Rob more often!   It is sad to end, but we both felt it was the right thing to do.  On our last day, Deb, the staff member who is in charge of the call center, shared some training video's with me.  There are two quotes I want to share with you: Elder Holland: "However hard we run, it's not hard enough.  With however little sleep we get, we have to get by with less sleep. There is an urgency that increases with every passing day.  These are the last days."  It is important to be a part of His work. Elder Bednar with serving people: "When you leave, people should have an increase in capacity and confidence."  I thought that was a good message for home and visiting teachers.  If you want more, I can send the rest of my notes to you by email.  


It has been an emotional week.  But when we pulled into the driveway Wednesday night, our lights were on and there were posters hanging in the window to welcome home Elder and Sister Jensen from our mission.  I just cried.  It meant so much to me, thank you Colleen & kids for painting them.  On our bar was warm soup and bread bowls.  We were both starving.  It is good to be home.  Life is so full, and I love the Lord with all my heart for His goodness to us and our family.  We are truly blessed.


Thursday, Friday, & Saturday
 We continued to get ready for Mike, had play practice, served at the Family History center in Garland on Friday, and went to the temple that afternoon.  I made a quilt for little Levi, but I won't put a picture in until he is with it.
What a blessed week I have had and what a full and good life I am having.  

No comments:

Post a Comment