Thursday, November 15, 2012

Week of November 4th

Sunday
    Sunday morning we gathered together to see pictures from Mike's mission.  Marion and the boys along with David's family, and Ellen slept Saturday night and were all here for Sunday.  It was great to finally see some of the places, foods, & people that were such a big part of Mike's life for the past 2 years.  The last thing Sunday night was hearing Robert's piano piece he had recently played at Amanda's recital.

Monday
We had a big day with a lot of variety.  We've started reading The Continuous Atonement together in the mornings.  Mike still had a lot of things to put away from his mission and we did extra cleaning in the house.  I baked bread and made flour tortillas and then we headed outside to do yard work.  It's great to have Mike home to till the garden. 
 
    Let's see, clean the chicken coop or go to Salt Lake on our mission?????  Oh well, at least we still spend time together!

    Mike said he wanted to learn how to do some family history.  I gave him at letter Auntie's wrote to my Grandmother Edgington on the Laycock side.  Basically it is a really good logic puzzle.  I was showing him Family Search and Family Trees while he was discovering the information in the letter.  I have an ancestor who had 9 children and only 1 of them lived.  I was still missing 3 babies.  He found all three on Family Search.  Yeah, for indexing.  I worked till midnight getting the family in order.  Life was very hard for them.  These weren't all babies.  Several of the children were 4 years old.  See them by going to new.familysearch.org and go to 'Try Family Trees'.  Follow the Laycock line (my grandmother Eleanor Edgington) to John Laycock and Mary Robinson.  Their daughter Harriet who married Henry Day are the parents of the 9 children.

 Tuesday
(I won't post anything about the election.)
    We did more family history for a bit in the morning and then we went to the Brigham City temple.  Afterwards we ate at Beijing Buffet next to the D.I.  It was actually very good.  Mike had an eye appointment in Tremonton with Phillip Purcell; it was good to see him.  We finished up by going to Ryan & Val's and saw the kids.   

    We ended the day with going to see the high school play, "Fiddler on the Roof" where Cierra was in the orchestra.

Wednesday

We went to Logan to get things we needed for the trip.  We went to the Temple to do sealings.  Mike got to do his first name that he had found.  U. Bob & A. Ann, & Ellen came with us.

Thursday
:  We left for Arizona at 8:00 in the morning.  We weren’t going to leave until Friday, but asked Marc if we could miss Thursday’s practice so we would have all day Friday & Monday because the girls were out of school.  I’m so glad we did, because we needed that much time.  It is always so wonderful to drive into their driveway and girls come running out to greet us. 
               I gave little Levi the quilt I made for him.  it was so fun to snuggle with him with it.  We stayed up late because there wasn’t any school the next day.  Audrey has been taking singing and she loves to play the song of Le Mis, so there was singing all around.  Nikki had learned to crochet, so all the girls were making chains.  It was just so good to be there with them.   


 Audrey and Mike


Friday
We spent the day just doing things together.  I helped Elise to sew curtains for their new playhouse Paul had put together for the girls the weekend before we came.  Elise is such a good sewer.  I should have a little sewing/sleep over party for all the girls that age. Dad put up some curtain rods for us and when Paul got home they added the finishing touches.  I made Paul enchiladas for dinner and we played games every free moment we had the whole weekend.

Elise is on the basketball team at school, so Paul took them all to the church to practice basketball.



Saturday
: Tradition!  I never go to garage sales at home, but I love to go with Paul in Arizona.  Sheila was there, so we (Dad and I, Mike, Paul, and Sheila) shopped till almost noon on Saturday.  Watch for several new costumes in the costume box, some new games, and I even got a youth size nice snow pants for $1 for those who come to the house unprepared for the snow!  I got an onion ring ‘flower’ cutter and Paul has a deep-fat fryer, so we made it when we got home.  I had brought up some big onions and it worked pretty good.  It was only $2, so even if I don’t ever use it again, I got my money’s worth.      

    

No comments:

Post a Comment