Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week of October 14

Sunday
   Sunday morning we went to 'Family Day' with Ellen to visit her YSA ward.  It was fun to spend that time with her.  We learned of a new church calling that we don't have: 'Information Texter'.  Yes, there is someone in charge of texting information to members of the ward.  There were definite chuckles heard from the various areas where parents were sitting. We had a linger longer and then stopped to take Joe's grape juice to them. But alas, we did not remember that it was the primary sacrament meeting at our ward, so we missed it.
Monday
   I got some extra cleaning done and then went over to help Colleen and Josh paint his bedroom.  It looks so nice and was so fun to work with Josh.  All their bedrooms have now been painted.  It has put me in the mood to paint here.  First I have to get in the mood to clean.
Tuesday & Wednesday
    It is the beginning of saying good-bye on our mission.  Dad gave the devotional on Tuesday and I did on Wednesday.  I gave a very shortened version of my Family History Fair Class on the grandparent's book.  We have gained so much and been so blessed while on our mission.  I can't believe how much my testimony has grown.  I can't believe how much my desire to serve the Lord in these latter days in building up the Kingdom have grown.  It is really true what has been said about making friends for life on a mission.  We really have met and gotten to know some very incredible people--both missionaries and staff. And I can't believe how much our love for each other has grown.  We like spending this time and serving the Lord together, so expect it to happen again!

 
 We stopped in to spend some time with Isaac on his 6th birthday.  He's growing so much! 

Thursday
   One time makes a tradition!  We had such a good time last week with Rob's family and this week we went with Chris' family to Idaho Falls.  I loved spending this time with them.  It's been a long time since we have been to the that temple, and it used to be ours when we lived in Palisades.  We told the kids when we would come to Idaho Falls we would stop at McDonald's with their dad and U. Marion and all have hamburgers, drinks, and fries, pay with a $5 bill and get change. 
 We went into the visitor's center and their statue of the Christus is low enough to touch.  Actually, it was the highlight of my day when I was alone and touched the prints in Christ's hand and thought of the atonement.  I owe everything that I have and am to Him.
It was such a beautiful day.  You can't see it, but all along the falls there was a line of Canadian Geese standing on the edge resting.  The internet is amazing.  Here is a picture someone took of it:
It can make one wonder.  There can be many lessons that come from nature.  Just as pictures have several meanings, to me it represents Christ who gives me stability among & just before the 'falls' of life.  A quiet assurance that all is well in Him not matter what may come or is just around the corner.
 In front of the temple and our picnic lunch afterwards.
   Then we went to the King Tut exhibit at the museum, which was a big part of why we came here.  There is something about seeing and learning of the past and of other cultures and time periods.  Here is Mallory and Noelle by one of my favorite pieces.  It was a real Egyptian carving of a person with the rays of the sun at the top coming down and there were little hands on the edge of each ray.  The hand was in one shape, like an outstretched, cupped hand.  Because of where we had just been, it reminded me of Christ, as the sun each day, to remind us He always has His hands outstretched to us.
  We got back about 4:30 and made peanut brittle and had chilli dogs before going to play practice.

Friday
   We took Ellen with us, who was on fall break, and went to Salt Lake.  Our zone was having a farewell party for those missionaries who were leaving and we were one of them.  We had a lovely luncheon and then went to a session at the Salt Lake Temple.  When we got home we babysat Chris' kids while they went to the Brigham City Temple.  Joe's family came over and we painted welcome home signs for Mike (so much easier this time because Ellen wrote the Chinese) and then we ate watermelon and played a good game of 'Scum'.  This picture is of me when I was King.  That doesn't happen very often, so that is the reason for the picture.
 
Saturday
  After play practice, Dad worked in the garden all day spreading manure - three loads from the Capener's.  Ellen helped me work on Mike's quilt getting it ready for the sewing machine.  I started sewing around 3 or so and it took the rest of the day.  It would be finished, but I broke the sewing machine needle when I only had the binding at the top to finish.  We watched 3 movies while doing all of this. 
  Another full, wonderful week.  And think, this week Mike may be home.  I love life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment