Friday, October 19, 2012

Week of October 7th

    As you all know, I love dandelions.  I always loved my dandelion bouquets in the middle of the bar, table, or the single dandelion in my ear.  Remember, there had better be dandelions on my casket when I die. 
     I have started this blog because I don't like to write in my journal, but I love the weekly posts that Emily does.  So, for two weeks I have taken pictures with the idea that I will begin a blog to keep my current life history.  


Week of October 7th

        This year's traditional ice cream during afternoon conference.  Yes, it was utter chaos, and I loved it.  I will never tire of seeing the grandchildren have so much fun with each other.  Hopefully they got as much out of conference as they did their ice cream.


   It is always hard to pick a favorite talk, but I cried through most of Jeffery R. Holland's, so I will have to go with that one.  We so desperately need to have love for one another, especially in our family.  Acts of charity begin at home with our spouse, children, and each other.  But I have found in life that charity isn't necessarily giving, although that is part of it, but what you are.  

Monday
      I'm not sure how many times I have said, "I'm done canning this year."  Then something comes along and we are canning again.  Dad and I did 100 2-quart jars on Monday.  Yes, we watched several movies while we did it!  Some things never change.  I also got a lot of work done on Mike's quilt top and we went to Sue Ellen Macfarlane's house and downloaded a PAF file for her.  It was a good, big day.

Tuesday & Wednesday 
     We went on our mission these two days.  I did have an interesting phone call while working at the call center.  A man wanted to know if we had any journals of David O. McKay. He was looking for an account of when David O. McKay was riding in a parade and stopped and motioned to a little 7 year old black girl to come over to the car.  He gave her a blessing and then continued on.  The caller had just returned from the temple with that now 61 year old woman who had just gone through the temple after joining the church the previous year.  In the 97 hits on our catalog of just journals of David O. McKay, I suggested to him to have the woman write the story from her perspective and then submit it to the church.  He thought that sounded like a good idea.  I can just see Pres. McKay doing that.

Thursday


         We went to Bear Lake to spend the day with Rob and his family.  It was such a wonderful day.  I don't ever remember Bear Lake being such perfect weather.  Not to hot and, best of all, not too cold.  We went out in the sailboat, which I didn't think I ever would, but there was hardly any wind and it was so fun to have Marri and Sophie sail the ship!  The pool was just the right temperature.  
   Sorry, I didn't get the picture rotated.  This is dad and I standing in front of the building that dad's father and mother got married in when they eloped to Paris (Idaho).  They were married upstairs.  It used to be a barber shop below.  It was a fun half hour drive with Rob and Emily to explore.  Here is the Paris Tabernacle.  

     It was back to their condominium and we played a game of 'Lucky Unders'.  Scott was the winner!
     We left about 5:00 and went back home (after getting a raspberry milk shake, of course) just in time to go to play practice.  Do we look young enough to be dancing at Fezziwig's party?
     Chris, Josh, Noelle, Mallory, Ellen, and Mike are all in the play, so plan on coming to watch it.  Maybe we'll be far enough along with it so you can see a practice around Thanksgiving.  Uncle Marc is playing Scrooge.  Ellen is the ghost of Christmas Past, Josh & Noelle are Cratchet kids, Mike & Ellen are Topper & Topper's girl, and Mike is also Young Scrooge and poor husband.  The rest of us are in the chorus.

Friday
     I forgot to take pictures while Tesha, her mom, and I did 35 quarts of tomato juice and 14 quarts of tomato paste.  That was the last day of canning.  Later that day I finished Mike's quilt top.  I've been working on it in little bits of time during the week.  It is from his old t-shirts.  I'm very happy with it.  I hope I get it finished before he comes home on either the 23rd or the 30th.  We still don't know (as of Oct 19th).

Saturday
     No pictures, but I went to the Family History Fair in Logan.  I taught 2 classes of "Strengthening Families Through Generational Stories" and one class called, "Involving Youth in Family History."  I haven't taught it as much, and I wasn't as happy with it when I taught it at Weber in September, so I've been working on it.  I was so relieved when it went so well.  I even had about 6 youth in the class.  

     It was a wonderful week.  I may be tired, but I am very happy.  What a full life I'm living right now.  I think I am busier than ever.  

3 comments: