Saturday, August 22, 2015

California

1. The Begining of our Blackberries


2. Before heading to California, we had the Capener Reunion
This is us with our Canadian Capeners, Yvette and Morris Capener

3. The reunion was at the Fielding Stake Center
I wish we could have people from each of William Capener and Ellen /Rigby's children, 
but it just seems to be more local.
Joseph Aaron Rigby, my grandfather's descendants at the reunion.

4. We headed out right after the reunion and went to St. George and stayed with Pete's family.
The next morning we went to John and Stacey's. We had a wonderful time
and were able to help them out in getting settled in their new home and helped
to get the old home ready to put on the market.
It was so wonderful to see all the kids and get to hold little baby Ruth Ellen

Thank you Uncle Daniel for the popcorn.

5. The kitchen. It opens up at the bottom and goes into the dining room.

6. Two stoves - perfect for cooking for a big family.
I think I enjoyed cooking on a gas range.

7. Looking through the bar into the dining room. The kids love to 
eat at the doors that come down.

8. Kirsten and Ruth Ellen

9. Samuel at his first soccer game of the season.

10. We are all so thankful that John does not have to have the radiation pill. It would have
been very hard to prepare for it and then be away from his family.

11. At their old home. It was a good home for them with a lot of good memories.
Their new home is such a good fit for them with plenty of room.

12. They blessed the baby on the 16th. 

13. Maren, Timmy, and baby Ruth 'E'

14. John's girls

15. Mom and Baby 

16. Us with our little Ruth Ellen

17. John's library is one of their favorite rooms. 

18. Kirsten in front of their home waving good-bye to us as we drive away.
It was hard to leave, but time to go.

19. We stopped in Provo at the Sam's Club to get the last of the things we 
needed for the Capener Reunion at Earley Park. I wanted to see the temple.

We got home about 9:00 Wednesday night. We were both very tired, but so very happy.
It's hard to explain our life right now. We talked about it. We have been so very busy since
we got home from our mission. I remember back when you were all home and my life was so full and I loved being a mother and teaching school. 
Now I experience that same joy, but 11 times. As I think of each of you and your careers and family, I share in the joy. I feel the joy. It fills my life with such a deep love and satisfaction.
I'm so very thankful for each and every one of you. Heavenly Father's Plan is truly a Plan of Happiness.
Next week I will post on today's reunion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment