Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week of September 2, 2014

Too short of a blog, but only 4 pictures

I put all of Joe's family in last week's blog even though some were from Monday. I don't think I put this one in and it is so cute of Zach and Ben

Brother Kruppenbacher needed a picture of him to send to a friend, so we took this one of all three of us, so here we are:

This is Mary Aull. She is the one who grows and dries her own herbs, and I am learning a lot from her. We go up to Wyndham and help her do Family History. She made this lamp.

She has huge photos of her husband's family hanging in one of her rooms. They are such an heirloom. Sorry, I don't have anything like that for you.

Dad was sick last week for a couple of days, so we lost some missionary time, although i was still able to go on my own to the single sister and her daughters that live in Coxsackie.
This morning while helping Henny do Family History, she told one of the Elders this:

“You are perfectly fine just the way you are.

And if someone tells you otherwise, listen to them and make the changes if they are correct. And then,

You are perfectly fine just the way you are.” Henny

I liked it because I've been a bit discouraged/overwhelmed at what I want to finish before we come home. I have a tendency to think it is my fault or weaknesses that slows the work. This seemed to bring me comfort. 
We all need to try our best and not beat ourselves up. Then when someone tells us what we could be doing to do better, listen and make the change if they are right. 
It takes a real honest person to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment