Monday, June 2, 2014

Week of May 26, 2014

Memorial Day was on last week's blog

Beautiful Scenery while driving around teaching:

We are way in the top of the Catskill Mountains in Rensselaerville
The name of the street made us thing of Lord of the Rings

 On the way back 


 There are so many beautiful flowers and bushes




Spring is the same all over the country. We had to go to band/choir concerts!
The young man behind the one in the front with the sax is in the Baldwin family that we home teach. He is in Jazz band, band, and choir


Another home teaching family - Our first tractor pull that we have ever been to.
We had to tell him about our grandson's who also like John Deer tractors


They also had antique tractors/motors on display. It was very interesting.
He is sawing a board from a tree trunk. It smelled very good - I love fresh cut wood.

This was used to compress the hay/grass together. Not much alfalfa here. It's all grass and they bail it.

Watching them crack corn to music of "Jimmy Crack Corn, and I don't care"





This motor is running the washing machine behind it

 Pumping the wateer

 I am walking with Chad, their 3 year old



I spent much time on a tractor that looked like this. The seat brought back memories and I loved to turn the steering wheel. It was like an old tractor when I was little.

Conner is ready for the tractor pull. They pull this black sled-like thing with a weight that keeps getting nearer the top. They pull until the tractor's back wheels dig in the ground and won't move any more.



We have had a very busy week. We had four day with 12 hours a day away from home. But I love it when it is busy. I'm sorry I didn't write a letter last week, but I will write tonight. We are on our way to our next appointment.

Henny (the one we saw that I took pictures at the beginning of the blog) said she would come to church yesterday but didn't. Come to find out, though, she sat on her porch and read the first 100 pages of the Book of Mormon, so we are excited to go see her tomorrow.
I love the Book of Mormon. It contains the fullness of the gospel and seems to answer every question I have on a daily basis. It has always been and continues to be such a source of peace and guidance to me. Ellen called and so I'm saying good-by so I can talk to her.
We are anxiously waiting to see what happens to our ward next week, since they are making a third ward from the two Belmont wards. Wow, things can sure change a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment