Monday, February 17, 2014

Snowed in Week with Company!
We had quite the week with all the snow. Before it came, though, we received company in the mail. FLAT STANLEY came to spend some time with us.
Thank you, Isaac for sending him to us. I am so excited to have him here. We have already started to take him places, so I will post those on this week's blog. Our Zone conference is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, and we will take him with us to Albany, NY. After we get the pictures from that trip, I will get everything put together and send it to your school. Let me know how it goes!
I will send a completed report of Flat Stanley's trip to everyone else by email next week.

Monday and Flat Stanley Arrives
This house is in Athens, NY. It was built in 1724 and has been lived in by someone ever since.

Flat Stanley with the "Rip Van Winkle Bridge" in the background. The bridge goes over the Hudson River to the town of Hudson, NY

Flat Stanley meets Rip Van Winkle (just a statue). This is a famous story written by Washington Irving. (More information in full report)

Flat Stanley looks out our window at all the snow. He is sad because we were supposed to go to Albany today and see the museum. AND Isaac forgot to send a coat, boots, gloves, and snowsuit pants for him.

Grandma took him outside anyway. This is the top of the car showing how deep the first of the snow was.

"Get back in the house, Stanley. Don't you know it's freezing out there?"

 "Grandpa, why did you let him out again?"

More Snow pictures:
This is the first of the storm, so it's not much snow.

We woke up to this the next day. Now we know why they put their windshield wipers up.

Yes, we have wonderful neighbors out here also.


 When I shoved across the street, it took me 5 shovel fulls to get to the bottom at each spot I shoveled. I know I don't have my shovel quite as full as Dad's, but it was a lot of snow!


Happy Valentine's Day!
We didn't have Christmas or New Year's, so we gave to each other for Valentine's Day.


 Good Elders always help with the dishes.

Elder Pearce from Idaho and Elder Klafkee from Las Vegas

Can I watch?

"I hadn't bargained for this!"  It was the biggest turkey Dad has ever boned.

I love you all. Have a wonderful week. All my extra study went into compiling the Plan of Salvation paper and redoing the pictures. I will send them in the mail.
I just want you to know how much I love the Lord. The gospel is truly a shield and a protection from the evils of the day if we allow it to be. 

Stay tuned for more of Flat Stanley next week!

2 comments:

  1. wooooooooooooooooooooow, look at that snow.Audrey would say ''it's bird poop.'' our missionaries don't do our dishes.
    -Love Nikki

    yi9oyogurihirtiypuonpyp iorigcj dad mom chloe kh]
    [bvirh[gkt0rh[yu9ytgrtphrtj,
    kopi0t6u t[pogy
    8-[o8]ou nikki sammi levi elise audrey


    ytivrbie ttuigtohyjhtothofikbjf9yijtcjvktigjfugjghrtjtdgccdhuhheyydfhrbdjjmsjkhhvnmvjvhhgnhhh










    tyery5ty4k4rg8ryuyrij7jjjjgfggggggggggggggguutiwedf7jwajdq7itkjhgffugedetttqgqfw












    hitgyiiyrutur7t9utiggutuk0kuyr6igurudt
    e98ty49rrddddddd8urf77typ9uyidie85r8ui8948d589e57u6835pi3y799541u78e967o0ri
    -love chloe

    As you can probably tell Chloe typed ALL of her message. I miss you Grandma & Grandpa. Grandma, Audrey is learning how to play Cannon in D on the piano and it is ONE of the songs she plays all the time.
    -Love Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remembered, we got to see the Gilbert temple day after Valentines Day!
    -Love Elise

    ReplyDelete