Saturday, October 5, 2013

Week of September 29, 2013

Sunday
I had a good fast Sunday. I felt so much gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all that He has blessed me with. I am so very happy. I have so much to be thankful for.
We had a Family History meeting in the afternoon with our 4 new youth Family History Consultants. It was a very good meeting and we brainstormed some good ideas. They are all excited. Josh is one of them. They know so much about Family Tree and have a love of the 'hunt.' 
We had a great 'trial run' of doing Google+ together. There was Paul, Joe, Tom, and Dad & I. Hopefully we will put it to use this week when our mission call comes. We will let you know when it comes and what time we will open it and then we get together on Google.
This is a leftover picture from last week. It is Jared's school shirt. Everyone in their class drew a 'self-portrait.' Steven and Isaac also have one. They are so cool.  

Monday - Thursday
They were all 'routine days.' I have a good study in the mornings, then we go into town and exercise and go to our 'Silver Sneakers' class, do canning or work on Grandpa Jensen's book.
This week we have canned: peaches, peach-pepper jam, pickled jalapeno peppers, and tomato juice.
Tuesday night Doran and Terri Denney had a fireside and showed slides from their 9 month stay in China teaching English at a university. It was very interesting. Thursday night Brother Craven from the Seminary gave a class on Revelations. I think it is the best class on Revelations I have attended. We have missed two weeks, but I'm sure we won't miss again. It was very good. During all this canning, we have been listening to Elder Neil A. Maxwell talks at a variety of conferences. They have been so good. I love hearing his talks.
On Wednesday Cierra and Josh had a cross-country meet up at Belmont Springs. Josh had sprained his ankle the day before, so he couldn't run, but here are some fun pictures of Cierra. I think this is the first X-country meet since Mike ran.

Before the race 

Remember the hills at Belmont Springs?

Rounding the final turn

Tiered Cierra after a good run

We have had some very beautiful skies lately

A Canning Cupboard



Friday - Happy Birthday Marion (in New York)
We went to the FHL from 9-1. We taught a class on Family Tree and there were about 15 people there. It went well and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.
Later in the afternoon we went to Logan to trade cars with Mike who was going down to Prove to a mission reunion. Dad, I, and Ellen went to the temple.

 After we got home, we had supper and had a movie party with Ellen, Colleen, Sierra, and Colleen & Zander. It was "The Croods" It was good and we all laughed. I liked the end about, never mind, I won't say just in case you haven't seen it yet.

Saturday
A very big canning & General Conference Day. We did applesauce, apple pie filling, and 14 qts. of chicken.
Many hands make light work, or a lot of work. I'm not sure which, but it feels good to have so much done for Chris' family. Fall is the time to get and put away food, whether home canned or bought. We are in shaky times. Besides, I always felt we ate healthier when we did it ourselves without all those preservatives in it.

Chris, Dad, Colleen, me, & Cierra

Making pie filling and Cierra is helping me to keep track of the ingredients. It is a bigger job than you think.

Noelle and Josh doing the applesauce.

How many times has Dad washed the canners this season? I can't even imagine.

Gathering in all the squash.

Caleb was very prepared with Grandpa's work gloves.
"I'm ready for some serious work!"

Good Conference Quotes take the place of the 1828 Dictionary:

"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." Pres. Uchtdorf  - I think this was my favorite. I'm afraid I have needed to do that more this past summer with health issues and mission preparations.

I also loved Sis. Carol Steven's talk. That was for the women to remind us of what we have and our role as far as the Priesthood goes. I hope we listened with our heart. I liked her ending: "Do we know who we are? and Do we receive it with gratitude?" (That may not be exact.)

And one from the movie: "For now we will stay out here where we can always follow the light." 

I love you all very much. Thank you for your love and support. I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment