Saturday, October 12, 2013

Week of October of October 6, 2013

Sunday
General Conference was amazing. I'm so glad we can listen to them again and read them.
It seemed there were talks for everyone. I know I gained a lot.
Our weekly phone call from Joe and Tesha. It is so good to see them. I love the Google+ video. They were waiting to see conference.


Ben showing us the baby.

We had Chris & family, Ellen and Mike, and A. Margaret here for dinner. We had so any vegetables from the garden and, of course, mashed potatoes and hot rolls. 
Didn't take a picture of the ice cream, but it was good.


More chatting when Nikki called. It was so fun to talk to her and see her. It was so good to see the kids! I can't believe how Levi scoots around, Audrey and Sammi played the piano, I saw Elise's quilt she made for her 10 hours project. See how cute little Chloe is! I think it will be easier to go on a mission.

Paul sent me this picture and I forgot to put it in, so I'm doing it a little late and I will also put it in next week's post. Beautiful, huh, and so is the blanket!

Ellen and Mike ready to go home.

Working on Grandpa Jensen's book, which consumed our whole week.

Monday - Thursday
Other than doing some pears with Shiela while Dad continuing cleaning the Genealogy Room, we really did work on the book ALL week. No pictures. We delivered the book to Square One Thursday at 5:00.
It came with mixed emotions. It has been such a privilege to work on it with Dad, I feel I know his father so much more. What a gift to give - someone's life and legacy. I'm proud of all the work Dad has done. He has done so much research and we have truly been led by the spirit to find things needed for the book.
Friday
We did our shift at the library and then headed to the Logan Temple. We each did a name that allowed 2 other families to be sealed.
Dad in the parking lot at the Logan Temple. I didn't take the picture of the temple. 

Getting the names ready.

Ellen and Mike came with us.

Coming to the Temple. Even though there were a few mix-ups and our group was divided up, we still had a wonderful time.Whenever we do sealings, it is another witness again to me how much Heavenly Father loves all of His children, no matter when they lived on the earth. There is a lot we don't understand about the power of the sealing ordinances, but I can see and feel His love, even if it is in a very small measure. 

Saturday
I had to present at the Brigham City Family History Fair. The speaker was the person in charge of all the Family History Centers in the world. He explained where Family History is headed in the future and it will be amazing. The whole work is directed by the Lord and it is hastening in a tremendous way. It is one of the miracles of our day.

When I got hoe, Marion and the boys were here and they had already started working in the garden.
Digging potatoes - Marion, Steven, and Isaac

Mike and Jared

Steven, Isaac, and Marion - I couldn't believe how fast the garden work went. We got the all of the garden work done before the Dutch Oven potatoes were done cooking. After lunch, the only thing we had left in the garden was to dig the carrots up.

Potato harvest time. We needed the diggers and the gatherers. 

Pulling up the tomato plants. Steven and I were amazed at the length of this tomato plant root. We still didn't get to the end of it.

Steven and Grandpa carrying off the bean trellis. The bean harvest was very strange this year.  It was so hot the blossoms would fall off. We did some, but not enough to can. When they came on later, we just didn't get them picked very well.

The carrots taught me quite a lesson this year. In the beginning it took them so long to come up that we could hardly see any carrots. We all weeded for so long. Me, Ellen, Colleen, Mallory, even Dad came out while recovering from his knee and we weeded. But because we got enough weeds out, the carrots were then able to take over and grow. However, I never got got back to finish the job. I didn't thin them. Because of this, they grew in crazy shapes. Which they are fun to see, but not as nice to do.
In life, we need to cast out the 'weeds' but that is not enough. We need to nurture the good and continue to take care of it so things don't get out of shape.
I am very thankful in real life for my Savior, Jesus Christ, since there are 'weeds' I can't get rid of without Him.

Caleb and Isaac with their treasures. Isaac, we still have the carrots you picked out - you forgot them.  

Chris and Marion digging the carrots. It was too hard for any of the kids to dig them.

Our harvest. We saved all the green tops for Colleen's horse.

All the time we were doing carrots, Mike had the other kids and they moved his two bookcases downstairs and Dad was working on the Genealogy room. We are nearly ready to move Mike's bed into that room so his room can be Suzie's. In case I hadn't told everyone, Ryan and Val will be living in the house while we are gone. At least until they find them a house. This way they don't have to rush into one. We are very glad they sold their home.
Finally, after a big day's work, they played a short game of Avalon before it was time for Chris's family to get ready to see the play.

1828 Webster's Dictionary Word for the Week:

Patient-"Not hasty; not over eager or impetuous; waiting or expecting with calmness or without discontent. With calm and constant diligence."

That  is what we are learning while we are waiting for our Mission Call. It will probably come while we are in California, and then we will have to wait one more week! But time will go by fast then.

I love you all. I had forgotten what it was like when I had a 'work crew' at home. I was hoping to get the potatoes dug today, and because we had so much help, we got the whole garden put away, Mike's bookcases moved, and boxes from the Genealogy Room moved out.
THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment