Saturday, February 23, 2013

Week of February 17, 2013

Sunday
I love Sunday.  I need that opportunity to worship, be thankful, and feel of the spirit.  After church we had Chris and family come down for his birthday dinner.  Yes, it was enchiladas.  We had an enjoyable afternoon.  I showed Chris Family Trees and he cleared a family for temple work.  Ellen was here also, and we just had a nice afternoon and evening.  Paul called and we Skyped while they were here.  Levi and Zander officially met each other.  I love technology.  

Monday
We had Cierra come down to clear some names because we were interrupted too much on Sunday and didn't get it done.  It was nice to just spend some time with her and Ellen.  

Tuesday
 I went over to the school and read with kids for an hour.  After that we went straight to Logan, picked up Mike and went to the temple to do baptisms.  I felt the spirit there so strong.  I feel like we are picking up the temple work where my great-grandmother left off.  

Wednesday through Friday
We went to the Family History Library in Salt Lake late Wednesday morning and stayed there until about 3:00.  Then we took Rob home to his house and he and Emily left at 5:00 to begin their trip to Washington D.C.  We got to babysit until Friday about 5:00.  I had such a good time spending more time with all of them.  Jenetta finally got to know both of us and would snuggle up to either one of us.  I loved walking the kids to school, visiting with them, going to Marri's registration, playing games, and having a read-a-thon, getting to know their neighbor Samantha, clearing temple names with Marri, Sophie, and Samantha, and just enjoying every moment. Here are pictures: 

Grandpa helping Scott put together his Lego ship

Grandpa making cookies

After school snack of Grandpa's cookies

Game night

This picture is for Emily: "See me floss my own teeth, mama?"

Clearing names for temple work

It snowed 6 inches on Friday morning.

Helping Grandma make bread sticks. Isn't she so cute! 

Walking Scott to school. I walked to school three times on Friday.

Pancakes every morning!

Changing of the guard - We leave and Emily's sister Sara comes.

We came home to spend a nice evening with Marion and the boys.  We had French Toast for dinner and snuggled up with them on the couch to watch a movie.

Marion playing a game with Spencer and John  

Saturday
It was such a good day.  Two years ago I had frozen strawberries in a sauce and still have quite a bit.  So we made crepes and used up the strawberries and cool whip. It felt good to feed a big stack of crepes to a bunch of hungry boys.  


After that, Marion and the boys took off the old, falling down wallpaper trim in the bathrooms and washed the walls.  It was such a tremendous help.  Now we can paint.  I really do miss all the help I had when all our children were at home.  


Good work, Isaac!

Spencer and John doing our bathroom.

I'm glad it's not dad or I who have to stand on the sides of the tub scraping off wallpaper, thanks!

Marion had brought up the game 'Alibi' and we played that after breakfast.  It is like Clue, but so much more fun.  Later that afternoon we played it with Joe & Chris' family.  

The kids played a little longer and then, of course, we had a skit.  Chris left and we had Navajo Tacos and Marion & Joe gathered their families and headed out.  It had been snowing and still continued to snow.

Can you tell who it is?


Marion showed me how to make a bread that was so good.  I love fresh bread right out of the oven, but that only happens the day you bake it.  Now we can have it whenever we want because you put the dough in the fridge and then just take out a hunk of it and bake it whenever you want.  It literally took him under a minute to mix it up.  Here's the recipe: 3 c. lukewarm water, 1 Tablespoon salt, 1 Tablespoon yeast & 6 1/2 c. flour.  Mix with wooden spoon and let rise 2 hours. (It is still sticky & you don't knead it or mix in bread mixer.)  Put in fridge and then take out a hunk when you want it.  Shape it into a round loaf by tucking it under a little as you shape it. Place on floured surface to rise an hour and don't cover it. Cut a cross on top of it.  Bake for 30-35 min. on a cast iron pan in a 450 degree oven. (That's not a mistake, it is 450)  Put a cookie sheet with some water in it on the rack below.  The crust is so crusty and it is so good.


John called on Google Plus along with Pete & Tammy.  He was babysitting little Seth for a few hours to give the grandma and grandpa a break.  It was so good to see him.  He is so cute and looks so much like a part of our family.  Hopefully the paperwork will be done this week so Tammy can go out and then Peter and the girls.  We still need everyone's prayers so things can continue to progress at such a good time.  I can really see the Lord's hand in taking care of him and bringing him to our family.  I'm so thankful to the grandparents and I am glad they will still get to have him be a part of their lives.

Seth and Maren - They look like cousins, but Seth looks like he needs a family to love him like Maren has had.  Keep him in your prayers.

Kirsten holding Seth

So cute!

This is will make up for the lack of top hair on his dad!

I feel so blessed.  What a wonderful week I have had.  I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for all our blessings, and I can feel the love He has for Dad and I and for our family.  I just want all of you to remember and feel our love and the love of Heavenly Father and His Son, whom He gave so freely that we might have joy.  

1 comment:

  1. Seth is such a cutie. And I may have stolen all the photos off your blog of you guys wonderfully watching our kids. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete