Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week of February 10, 2013

Sunday
Happy Birthday, Tammy!
It was such a good day today.  Marion and his boys were up for the weekend.  They all came to church for the morning and then we came home to a nice pork roast dinner.  I know that is why roast is a Sunday dinner.  You walk in from church and it smells good and dinner is all ready.  It was so good to have a big, full table of family.
Chris's family came down to have some good 'cousin' time.  

Boy, Grandma, this milk is soooo good.  What was my dad talking about?

Monday
I should jot down things to remind me of what I have been doing.  I'm sure this was a good day of extra study, exercise, a little cleaning, and plenty of time to do Family History.  

Tuesday & Wednesday
More regular days.  The high light was when Sheila came down and we spent all afternoon doing Family History.  She is now addicted.  We spent several times with her and even found a neat will on Friday that solidified the family.  Along with delivering Valentine suckers, visiting teaching, and going to the YMYW fund raiser dinner Tuesday night, it's been a good two days.  They went to a lot of work decorating, serving, playing soft background music (Kayla Bailey and Josh).  It was a fun night out.

Thursday
Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday to Sam!

Dad got me roses!  And he knew better than to get me chocolates and so I got a can of honey roasted peanuts.  Ummmmm  Trying to stay away from sweets doesn't work too well on Valentine's Day because I got him his favorite cookie, Raisin-filled cookies.  

Delivering Valentines to Chris's family and singing Happy Birthday to Sam

Can you hear us Sam?


Mallory with her Valentine Box that Noelle helped her to make.

Friday
We go to the Family History library in Garland and we had a very busy morning.  Several people came in and Sheila came down.  Poor Sheila, we left her there because she just hadn't had enough.  Later (when we went to her house to help find the will) she said she finally left the library about 4:00. We spent a lovely afternoon in the temple and then Hailee Martineau's reception.

Saturday
I read in the paper about Jay Richard's new musical of Jane Eyre that was playing that weekend.  I decided I needed to go and see it with Ellen.  She had to work all day on Saturday and Mike was involved much of the day with a production involving Chinese New Year, so for part of the time Dad covered the bookstore so we could go.  He is now employed (or would be if he wanted).  We had such a good time and loved the play.  It made me want to read the book again.  The parts were all very well cast and the music was excellent.  The last one we saw of his, Little Women, opened that same weekend in Europe.

Ellen didn't have a ride home from work, so dad and I ended up staying until 9:00 and took her home for Sunday and Monday.  All her room mates were gone.  It was all good, because dad and I went to the Bluebird and split a dinner and took leftovers to Ellen.  We also got a short visit with Bob and Anne.
I love all of you very much.  Hope you enjoyed the Valentine suckers and the puzzle.
Remember, when life seems to be a 'puzzle', Jesus Christ is the piece you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment