Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Watching Pressure Cookers

Blogging while keeping an eye on the cookers

After all the pictures last week, I forgot to take pictures this week, so it will
be short, but it was surely busy.

Sunday
Elder James (our favorite Elder) came over for dinner. He is going to USU.
It was so good to see him and reminisce, and Cierra came too. Yes, he asked for
her phone number and you will have to get other details from her or Colleen.
Was going to have her take a picture of us, but she went to work and I forgot.

Monday
We picked 2 1/2 bushel of tomatoes and did 42 quarts of juice.
Now my tomato shelf isn't quite so bare, but we need to do that much again.
Sorry, no pictures.

 Tuesday
We went to Salt Lake all day. We met up with my cousin Colleen Clifford and her husband Ken. They are the ones we stayed with when we went to England because they were on their mission.
Our friend that we met in England, John Barnsley was in from England and so we had a good visit.
Highlight of the day was taking Rob to lunch while we all heard about his 
new book. I can't believe I didn't take pictures. Thank again, Rob. We all loved it.

Wednesday
We finished up some pears from last week tomatoes and had a ward party at
Riverside Park. We are starting to get to know people.

Thursday
We were at the temple and stayed after to do a ton of sealings. Wonderful night.
Friday
We did a double shift at the temple, but they were good to us and we were home by 8:30.
Saturday
We went to Tom's and Dad helped him lay the laminate floor in the front room, and I painted the front door. Imagine them, because it really looked nice. Can't believe I didn't take pictures.
Sunday
We relaxed and I finally started working of Daddy's history.
Now I have a few pictures
Labor Day
When I was younger, we were hauling hay on Labor Day and I asked my brother Paul
why we celebrate Labor Day. He said it should be the hardest day of the year that you work.
I guess it stuck. 1. Here we are picking tomatoes with David, Amanda and family.
Last week the picking was fabulous, this week it was not good at all because there
were so many others who had picked and were picking.
The kids were a great help.

2. Our 6 month old twins! Eric on the left and Jacoby on the Right.

3. I forgot to take pictures the day of. We were too busy.
But this is the result - about 82 quarts of whole tomatoes. It went very fast with so 
many of us to help.

4. We really do have quite the production system. We did 28 quarts of soup for
about 20 dollars. That is a lot of good soup, and you can add meat or more veggies
or pasta when you open it for dinner - or nothing at all and it's still good.
Let me know if you want to come and can some. I'm in the canning mood still.

I love you all. It feels good to get so much food canned.
Really, let me know if you want/need to come here to can. 
BTW - we have a regular pumpkin/squash patch. We have never
grown so many pumpkins ever.

So come and get pumpkins and squash and help put the garden
down for the winter. (Not sure of when we will do this last part.)
Don't forget we have new phone numbers. I sent them in an email.

Feel the beauty and bounty of this fall season. I'm so very thankful to Heavenly Father
for all He has blessed us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment