Thursday, February 5, 2015

Evanston, Daddy's History, B-2 YMYW, Feb.,2015

Time for another post

1. It is Robert's goal to teach me to play the Wii. I'm getting a little better
as long as Robert has plenty of lives.

2. Look at this salad!
After being at the temple all day on Thursday's, Dad drops me
off at Reflections to sing till 6:30. He had this ready
for dinner. It was delicious!

3. We love the temple. It is such a humbling experience.
I feel the Lord's help so very much in learning what I need to learn.
Today I was in the Celestial room for an hour.
Heaven meets in the temple.

4. Making Norwegian donuts. I got the recipe from our landlords, Dick and Bobsey.
It was fun to make with Ellen and Daniel and then some of Chris' family came down.
They are different than our donuts, but still very good.

5. The dough is like playdough and you roll it like you are making a worm and
then close it together and deep fry.

6. We had the most wonderful interview/visit with Bob and Pauline Capener. Bob is Dick Capener's twin brother. We talked for three hours. I learned so much about my Grandma Capener and more about Grandpa Capener. It was such a gift to get to know my grandmother.
I didn't know she also painted. I knew her sister was an artist.
She painted this picture.

7. She was the stake Primary president and then also
served on the General board when they moved back to Salt Lake during the winters.
This is a shadow box her primary kids helped to make part of it.

8. We took some empty bottles to Cox's honey to get more honey. It was
just so beautiful I had to take a picture.

9. We drove up to Montpelier to get chicken bullion and cooking clear jel.
Those of you who ordered some, let me know if you want it all canned or if you want some just in empty cans - we have both.
It was actually good to see some snow!

10. The truck is fixed and we delivered the couch to Daniel and Ellen.
It fit perfectly and looked very nice. They were happy to have something
else besides hard chairs to sit on.

11. Belmont 2nd YMYW did a program at the nursing home.
Josh played and Cierra and Nicole Hinckle played the violin.
It was beautiful.

12. Then Josh played a solo at the end.

13. A close up of Noelle.
We have been trying to get a bit of food storage put away.
If you can, think about getting some food put away.
Life is so good. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment