Monday, April 21, 2014

Week of April 14, 2014

Dad's B-day pictures are on last week's blog

So busy, yet not much we can take pictures of.
Now the snow is gone, I wanted to get a better picture of the side of the hill that is filled with old tractors. This time there was a fire engine. It's still pretty wet, so maybe when it's dryer we can get closer. 

For all those who love tractors, cars, etc.


Just before we left Sis. Webster at the nursing home, we asked if there was anything we could do for her. She thought for a minute and said she wanted a banana split more than anything. She had wanted it for months. Well, we checked with the staff and they said we could take her for one. We worried afterward that she might get sick from it, but we haven't heard, so no news is good news.!

Sister Weber eating a banana split from Stewarts. It is a gas station with the best milk, chocolate milk, and ice cream in the state of New York. (That is their ad & we believe it.)

A very happy Sister Webster. Dad and I shared one, and I could hardly finish my share.
 She ate it all. We were a little worried she might sick from it. 
She looks very happy and enjoyed it very much.

So while we were at Joe's he showed us how to cook Swedish Pancakes/crepes. The worst part about it is it takes so long to cook one thin pancake at a time. He cooked it on his big electric griddle. He just filled the pan up with the batter being careful not to let it run out the little grease hole. Anyway, I tried it on our frying pan (found out about this kind of pan while visiting Tom) and it worked great. It was so much faster!
Tesha's recipe that we used: 2 eggs, 1/2 c. flour, 1 c. milk, 1/4 t. salt
Mix and pour. It made three of this size pancake. I think they triple it for their family.

Look what Dad got in the mail for his birthday! It was so wonderful to see the kids and they sent a CD along with the picture that had many more on it. I can't believe how grown up they all look. Thank you SOOOOOO much.



(Really, I not sending a hint, but thought you would all like to see their new pictures.)


NIKKI WANTS TO PUT TOGETHER A COOKBOOK.
THAT IS ONE REASON WHY I TOOK A PICTURE OF THE PANCAKE. I THINK WE NEED TO PUT TOGETHER ONE, BECAUSE I HAVE FOUND SO MANY WONDERFUL RECIPES AS I'VE GONE AROUND TO YOUR HOMES.

MAYBE YOU COULD EMAIL TO HER OR SOMETHING. 
Anyone want to help her out with it?

Love you all, I have sent several messages in the last two days, so check your email. 

Favorite Mormon Message link:
https://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#i-am-a-child-of-god 

1 comment: