Sunday, November 17, 2013

Week of November 10, 2013



Sunday
We had Chris's family over for Sunday dinner and to spend the afternoon. It seems like they are so near we don't get individual time with them, so we had a good time, but we forgot to take pictures.
We had our last Stake Family History meeting that night. We are beginning our 'lasts' of a lot of things.

Monday
The History of 'Riverside' project continued. It has really turned into a big project, but such a good one. It hasn't really caused 'stress' just time. I have felt Joyce Cornwall's help quite often, and I feel she is pleased with it. It will really make a nice book.  

Tuesday - Happy Birthday Rebekah!!
We just continued on with the book, but it was great to sing sweet Bekah 'Happy Birthday." I can't believe this group is all turning 9.

Wednesday
We went to Salt Lake to do several errands, drop things off at the Church History Library, and I got shoes and boots. I have had a lot of trouble with my feet this fall, but I have found that if I wear my Sunday shoes every day they do not hurt. We are supposed to have 2 pair of shoes, so I wanted to get the same kind.  On the way home we stopped to spend the evening with Rob & Emily. It was nice to visit and be with them. I nearly forgot to take pictures, but got a few at the very end.


I'm afraid the little kids are going to grow a lot in a year. I'm glad for Google+/Skype!

Thursday-Friday
More work on the book, and I went to quilt with the ladies in the ward. I'm going to miss that. We had a good day at the Family History Library on Friday. We had visitors all afternoon and then we watch Chris's family while they took Josh to John's surprise birthday party. Hope you had a great time, Josh. We figured it was more a friend party, so that is why we didn't come. We'll see you at the Pie Fest.

I love being a Grandma. Caleb wanted to watch one movie and Mallory wanted to watch a different one, but they didn't want to be alone in the Family Room. So Grandpa brought in the other TV VCR and they watched both at the same time! It made a cute picture.

Saturday
 We had a nice visit with Marion in the morning and then Mike, Emily, and Ellen came in the afternoon.
We all had lunch together and visited some more and then we started a 'Pride and Prejudice' 6 hour movie athon. I have never seen it. Although we only watched 3 hours of it, I can't wait to see the rest. I was surprised at how much I like it.  Mike and Ellen gave us our Christmas present from them. They were so creative!

I always loved this pictures of them together when they were little, so they gave me a reenactment of it! 


I just don't know where my life has gone. It has surely been filled with so many blessings and gone by so very fast. I can't believe they were ever that little, nor can I believe they are as old as they are now.

We then had Chris's family down and we made pizza and had a game night with everyone. I can't wait for the rest of you to meet Emily. She is a wonderful girl and we had a great time. Mike sparkles at the mention of her name!

Zander is learning to walk. He is growing so fast and he will really change a lot by the time we get home. Hopefully, he will like us better!

Josh's pizza

We take a break from playing games and practiced the song that Colleen found. It is so beautiful and fits right in with what I am talking about. Can't wait to practice it at the Pie Fest, or at least some time before Sunday morning.


Grandpa is winning Zander over with Huckleberry ice cream:)

I'm looking forward to being together over the Thanksgiving Holiday. We need some good family time that will last me for a year.

Sunday 24th at 9:00 is the farewell.  We'll eat taco salad after. Please bring some cookies or brownies or some kind of a dessert.

Thanksgiving dinner: Around noon on Thursday

Friday: Pie fest begins 1:00. Please bring a pot of soup or some bread. 
(That should give everyone time to shop on Black Friday if they want.)
We'll spend the day with games, visiting, movies, etc. So bring plenty of what you want to play/do. 
We have the church house all day. 
We will exchange Christmas gifts sometime in the afternoon.
I'll make a pot of spaghetti for supper if anyone has room after the pie is gone.

Saturday - I know those coming from farther away may want to visit other family while you are here. We would like to go to the temple in the morning (time to be decided) with those that would like to go. The rest of the day is for other family time or we will continue on!

Sunday - We will not be having a Sunday dinner at our home because we are going to Farmington right after church to go see Steven and John ordained (Deacon and Teacher). We will then come back and be here for:
We get set apart at 5:30 at the Fielding Stake Center. It would be wonderful to have everyone there. We will come back to the house afterwards and have ice cream sundaes. If you want, you can bring a topping, but it's up to you.

Love you all. Please call if you have any questions/suggestions.




















No comments:

Post a Comment