Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week of May 5th 2013

Sunday 
There were three babies bless in church today.  It was a beautiful day.  Dad and I substituted in the nursery for Marv and Sheila.  We sure don't know any of the new people.   We didn't know any of the children and when the parents came to pick them up, we didn't know most of them either.  Joe and Tesha brought Mike over for Fast Sunday dinner with good visiting the rest of the day. 

Zach knows how to finish off a cake all by himself

Ben can find a tomato anywhere, which of these kids take after their father and which takes after their mother?

Tesha taught us a new game called hand and foot.

Dad helping Shiela with her new found addiction, family history!

Monday
Ellen spent the weekend with her mission companion in Provo, Dad went and picked her up in Ogden and when we got home, Ellen took the car to work and mom and dad had a quiet rainy afternoon.  about 7 we started the Hobbit and watched it for the first time since we got it.  Ellen got home from work and finished watching it with us.  I forgot how I loved Bilbo Baggins, how he left his own home to help the Dwarves get their home because they didn't have one.

Tuesday
We were going to drop Ellen off to work before our appointment with the knee doctor but we looked at the calender and saw that the appointment was in the afternoon, so we dropped Ellen off to work, went to the Temple and took Mike out to the Bluebird for lunch.  
When we saw the doctor, he told us about steroid shot and other things to postpone a knee replacement, but when he saw the exrays he said, your a candidate right now for a knee replacement.  So we scheduled to have the operation the day after Mom was to get home from Colorado.
Cierra had an orchestra banquet that night so we played chaperone so we picked up the four youngest and watched Josh and Mallory play soccer while Josh and Noelle did highway cleanup.  

Caleb playing soccer 

Treat time, isn't that why most of you played soccer anyway? 

Mallory's game was right after Caleb's. 

Good kick Mallory

Wednesday
We were going to go to Arizona today but Sarah was sick so we had a day we didn't think we had.  We worked in the garden and planted beans and peas and lettuce and Dad showed me how to water the garden for when he is layed up.

Highlight of the day was an herb and oil class that I attended in the Belmot first ward.  I decided I'm going to have more things around the house that are natural.  I wish I had some Yarrow last week when Steven cut himself on the tramp.

Sarah called and said that she was feeling better so we planned on picking Virginia up at 6 tomorrow morning to head for Paul's.  We are taking Virginia down to see Sarah's new baby.  They are adopting it and can't take him out of the state.

Thursday

Beautiful flowering cactus at Glen Canyon Dam.

Virginia and I looking at the flower bed

Virginia gets her first look at little Nathan with Sarah.

We are really here at last!
Nikki holding Chloe, Lacy holding Levi, Elise and Sammi

Chloe knows the first stanza from many songs of Les Mis.

It is so good to be here with them.

Friday

Before School the girls chose the material for snap purses like Tesha made for Peter's girls for Christmas.  Don't worry I'm making some for all the girls when I come visit you.  

Taking the girls to school.

Cute little Levi 

Grandpa entertaining Levi.  He is fascinated with hands

We went and got the kids home from school two hours early for extra grandma time and the making of purses.

Chloe helping Grandma and Nikki make encilladas with Audry sewing in the background.

Elise sewing her purse and Sammi waiting to do hers.  We also played games while we took turns sewing.

These are the Purses that we Finished on Saturday

Chloe feeding Levi cereal that night while we were playing games.  Notice her tongue is out to encourage his eating.  It is so cute.

Paul's latest garage sale find.  Beautiful wooden bunk bed with dressers for Chloe and Sammi.  It's a slumber party tonight.

Saturday
The day started out at 4:45 am to get ready to go to the Temple.  As I was coming down the stairs I missed the last two steps and landed on my knees and hand.  It was obvious that I had hurt my arm and went into shock.  It took a while before I could sit back on the bottom step and then onto the second step and up enough that Dad could help me into the car.  
We went to an emergency room to get the arm set, but they kind of forgot about the wrist because my blood pressure was so low.  When I checked in my pressure was 66 over 33 and they didn't like that.  In fact they felt that that might have been why I fell. It took seveal hours and two liters of I V solution before they could get my pressure above 100 where they than could give me pain medication to set my wrist.  They didn't dare put me out to do it.  
I was scared about this because when it comes right down to it, I don't like to be in pain.  Paul and Dad and given me a blessing earlier that morning and I really prayed to Heavenly Father that the pain wouldn't be too bad because i also don't like to scream.  I know that the saviors atonement is for sin, but I know that he also took upon us our pains and I had faith in this.  I really prayed to Heavenly Father for this strength.  They gave me the medicine and I could feel the dull pain but it just really didn't hurt.  both of my bones were broken and she reset them.  they put my arm in a splint and we are just waiting for the swelling to go down to be able to get a cast on unless it needs surgery.  
Lost the whole day with Paul and Lacey and Kids.  But they came to see us at the Hospital with get well cards and Paul stayed longer and we had a really nice visit.

Just so you know I'm not making this up.

Here are all of the get well cards that the girls made for me.

So now we are making up sayings for Paul and Lacey to advertise coming to their house for a visit.

"Need a break, come to Paul's", "I fell for Paul", "Take a Break, Come to Arizona", "Visit Paul and have a fall",  "Visit Paul, do drop in" "Come to Arizona, and have the Trip of your life", "Take a trip to Arizona", "need a Trip come to Arizona for your next Fall, you'll have so much fun, you want to come back for your next fall", "come take a trip and let the pressure go away."

The sad part about this is that now I can't go to Colorado.  I was so looking forward to spending the time with Tom's family.  

1828 Dictionary word for the week

Wrest- “To distort; to turn from truth or twist from its natural meaning by violence; to pervert;” (Alma 13:20 “Behold, the scriptures are before you; if ye will wrest them it shall be to your own destruction.”)
I couldn't resist putting this in because it reminded me of my "distorted wrist."
Just to let you know, Dad typed all of this for me.  Thank you Dad!
I love you all, thank you for your love and concern.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! We all feel so bad for you and your 'trip'! I am so sorry that that happened. :( Keep us posted on whether you need surgery or not, and how it goes. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, and why will grandpa be 'laid up'? You mentioned it about watering the garden.

    ReplyDelete