Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week of December 30

To Start off this Week's Blog: Caleb and Zander

After that, everything else will be calm

Sunday
We had a great day at Tom & Mel's.  It is always fun to visit all of you in your home ward. Mel had a very good Indian Chicken dish for us after dinner.  I don't think they, or anyone else, were prepared to feed Ellen and Mike.  As you can see, they (Mike) licked it clean.  I barely got enough out for a lunch for Tom.  Mike names the dish: "Mel's Yummy Chicken".  Yes, it has curry in it.

Monday
Taylor had lost a tooth and the tooth fairy forgot to come.  I told her when that happened to her daddy, he would leave a note on the table and that usually worked.  Here is her note to the tooth fairy and the two dollar coins left for her:
  
In the afternoon Mel took us shopping at Old Navy.  Ellen got several new outfits that will keep her warm in Logan.  Even Mike got a new shirt and pants.  It was the best shopping trip I have ever been on.  Ellen really looks cute in her new outfits. The four of them went to see Lincoln at the movies for New Year's Eve.  Then we stayed up late and played 'The Farming Game' and, as daughter of a farmer, I won. 


Here is Grandpa playing games with Taylor and Max

Tuesday
It's the long trip home, but the roads were better.  We stopped at David and Amanda's and it was good to see them, even though it was a quick stop.

When we got home, Joe and Tesha came and, of course, we played more games.  After all, it was Joe's 25th birthday!  I like Mike's new game from Ryan and Val.  I can understand it enough to play it.  

Wednesday
The next morning we had fun playing the Jensen Family Tree game.  I was amazed at how many cards Ben could put on.  He wasn't always sure of who the uncle was, but he new the cousins he belonged to.

Thursday-Saturday
It's a new year and with it comes New Year's resolutions.  After visiting with Mel and being inspired to better health habits, I joined the Groll Fitness Gym in Tremonton.  It feels good to get back into exercising again.  I wish I didn't need the help, but I do.  It makes me do it.  I've started to eat better, and can tell a difference when I don't.  I know Dad and I need to do this.  There are a lot of ways to prepare for a mission, and right now, this is one of the most important ones-be healthy to go and do what the Lord wants us to do.
We have a beautiful year ahead of us.  May we all be a source of strength to each other, and like Scrooge, learn from the lessons of the past, present and the future, and go forward with faith in this new year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment