Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 9th

Sunday
    It was stake conference today, and we got a new stake presidency.  Jay Capener is Stake President with Jared Miller as 1st co. and Bruce Anderson as 2nd co.  They will be a wonderful stake presidency.  I was YW president when Bishop Jay Capener was bishop and he gave the youth such wonderful council and advice.  He is very talkative, especially for a Capener!  Relationship: Jay's Great-Grandfather is my father's older brother my Uncle Lee.  Boy, that me sound old and him young.  No comment.  We had Chris' family over for dinner.
Monday

 I needed to change one thing on the Christmas present I'm making for the family and ended up working on it a lot of the day.  We had the play that night.  



     There are several things I like about being in the play: 1- I love hearing it over and over again.  There is so much in "A Christmas Carol".  Charles Dickens teaches so much about charity, relationships, and most of all redemption.  I love the line at the end when Scrooge is wishing Fred a Merry Christmas and Fred invites him 'again' to dinner and this time Scrooge accepts and says, "If you'll have me."  We are all like that before the Lord.  I'm thankful he is merciful.  U. Marc does such a good job.  2- (Above)  Shaking hands and wishing people a Merry Christmas.  It's Christmas time and I love spreading the spirit of Christmas to so many people and wishing them a Merry Christmas.  3rd- I love spending the time with family.  It has been fun to be in a play again with Robin, Ellen, Mike, and Chris, Josh, Noelle, and Mallory. It seems like this is the only time we see U. Marc.
     As the Ruckers went through the line, they handed out a few of their Christmas Ornaments they made this year.  It is so beautiful.  It is the Brigham City Temple.  I took a picture of it.  They do incredible work.

   
Tuesday & Wednesday
   Tuesday is lost because Wednesday overshadowed it.  It was 12/12/12 and Chris & Colleen were going in to have the baby.  They called the hospital 6:00 a.m. and they told them to call later, so Chris went to work.  The hospital about 9:00 to say they could come, so I took Colleen to Logan.  It's always hard to be the one who just waits.  As long as I was in Logan, I did a little last minute shopping and it all turned out really good.  I'm not a shopper, but I found just what I wanted and got home in time to meet Caleb and pick up Josh from school.  I kept in touch with Colleen with texting.  I'm finding that I like to text.  I played some games with Caleb and we passed time.  I took Caleb to a meeting at 3:00 and about 3:45 we got the phone call and text from Chris with a picture of new little Zander and Colleen.  I just can't tell you all how relieved and thankful I am when a new little baby gets here.  Don't ever doubt that I do not have enough love for all these precious spirits coming to our family, for they are great and noble.  I came home from the meeting and we went right over to the hospital.  None of us could wait.  It was the ward party, but we could get back in time.  Here are pictures from the hospital:
First looks

 Checking new little Zander

Protective Mallory

Watching Zander get his first bath.

Noelle's concern for Zander!

Caleb has the best view!

All eyes on the bath

Chris finishing up Zander's first bath by washing his hair.

 Sleeping, bruised, Zander



Caleb and Zander (I had to pick a number on the way over and whoever guessed my number the closest without going over got the first turn, etc.  This is the order they got to hold the baby.)
Caleb and Zander

Noelle and Zander

Mallory and Zander

Josh and Zander

Cierra and Zander

   I just couldn't resist putting this picture in.  "Oh, Grandma, don't make me look up at you."

Contented little Zander after his bath and being held by all his siblings.



 Grandma's turn

Quite a family!

    After the ward party, I went to Chris' home and stayed overnight.  I think that is one of the first times I've slept there.  It was good to spend some time with those that are the closest!    

Thursday
   It brought back old memories of life at home when there were kids to get up, feed breakfast, read scriptures while they were eating, and get everyone off to school.  The kids were very good.  They all came to our house after school.  FINALLY, little Zander & mom and dad came home about 6:00.  The kids were all so very excited.  There is nothing like a new little baby to soften everyone.  

Friday
  I went down to help get kids off to school and then dad and I went to the Family History center at Garland and then left about 10:30 to go to Farmington to have a birthday lunch with Jared and see Spencer, John, Steven, and Isaac's dress rehearsal for their choir performance since we couldn't go that night because of the play.  It was so good to spend some time with them.







   
Saturday
  The day can be summed up in one sentence: Worked on the Christmas presents and had the matinee and evening performance of the play.  It's midnight, and I'm tired, but ever so happy and thankful for such a wonderful family that brings me such deep joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment